Meet the Team
Shorla Oncology was founded by two healthcare entrepreneurs, Sharon Cunningham and Orlaith Ryan who worked together previously in senior positions at EirGen Pharma and have a passion for building organizations and developing products to meet unmet needs.
Co-Founder & CEO
- Previously Head of Finance at EirGen Pharma (‘EirGen’) for seven years
- Held roles of increasing responsibility at PwC and PNC in Ireland and U.S.
- Compliance Officer & member of the SOX disclosure committee for OPKO Health Inc (NASDAQ & NYSE) post acquisition of EirGen.
- Named Ireland’s Best Young Entrepreneur 2019.
- PwC Qualified Chartered Accountant & holds an MBA from University College Dublin Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School & a BSc in Finance from University College Cork, Ireland. Certificate in Healthcare Innovation from MIT & Harvard Medical School
- Current member and previous non-executive director at Irish Rule of Law International. Advisory board member at LSX Female Founders
Co-Founder & CTO
- On EirGen Pharma’s Management team, & held senior positions in Analytical, QA & Regulatory Affairs during her eight-year tenure.
- Led numerous regulatory inspections including FDA, HPRA and Saudi FDA.
- Coordinated IND’s, INAD’s and pre-development meetings with FDA for OPKO Health Inc.
- Primary interface with FDA & EMA on the development and registration of new human (including orphan) and veterinary drugs.
- Is a chartered scientist and holds an MSc in Regulatory Affairs from the University of Wales, BSc in Applied Biology with Quality Management from Waterford Institute of Technology & a Certificate in Corporate Governance from INSEAD business school.
- Nicholas brings more than 20 years of commercial and launch experience in the fields of virology, cardiovascular and oncology to his role.
- Over the course of his career, Nicholas has held leadership roles in analytics, market access and commercial operations at pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
- Before joining Shorla Oncology, Nicholas served as Head of Commercial Operations at Oncopeptides, INC.
- Previously he led Commercial Operations & Market Access at Kempharm and held roles of increasing responsibility at Nextwave Pharmaceuticals, Gilead Sciences & Symphony Health.
- Nicholas holds a B.A. in Finance from the University of Otago, NZ & B.A. in Architectural Studies from the University of Adelaide, Australia.