Meet the Team
Shorla Oncology was founded by two healthcare entrepreneurs, Sharon Cunningham and Orlaith Ryan who worked together previously in senior positions at EirGen Pharma and have a passion for building organizations and developing products to meet unmet needs.
Co-Founder & CEO
- Previously Head of Finance at EirGen Pharma (‘EirGen’) for seven years
- Held roles of increasing responsibility at PwC and PNC in Ireland and U.S.
- Compliance Officer & member of the SOX disclosure committee for OPKO Health Inc (NASDAQ & NYSE) post acquisition of EirGen.
- Named Ireland’s Best Young Entrepreneur 2019.
- PwC Qualified Chartered Accountant & holds an MBA from University College Dublin Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School & a BSc in Finance from University College Cork, Ireland. Certificate in Healthcare Innovation from MIT & Harvard Medical School.
- Current member and previous non-executive director at Irish Rule of Law International. Advisory board member at LSX Female Founders.
Co-Founder & CTO
- On EirGen Pharma’s Management team, & held senior positions in Analytical, QA & Regulatory Affairs during her eight-year tenure.
- Led numerous regulatory inspections including FDA, HPRA and Saudi FDA.
- Coordinated IND’s, INAD’s and pre-development meetings with FDA for OPKO Health Inc.
- Primary interface with FDA & EMA on the development and registration of new human (including orphan) and veterinary drugs.
- Is a chartered scientist and holds an MSc in Regulatory Affairs from the University of Wales, BSc in Applied Biology with Quality Management from Waterford Institute of Technology & a Certificate in Corporate Governance from INSEAD business school.
Chief Commercial Officer
- Rayna has over 30 years experience in senior commercial roles within the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries.
- Rayna has a MBA from Washington University and a BA Chemistry from Indiana University.
Chief Medical Officer
- Martin, a UK- and NZ-trained MD, has worked in pharma for 17 years and held positions in the UK, Switzerland and the US leading clinical development programs in oncology, immunology and internal medicine.
Vice President of Research and Development
- Maurice has over 15 years’ experience in both the pharmaceutical industry and a clinical setting.
- He has successfully directed product development from concept through to commercialization
- While leading the R&D, Maurice has built multiple commercial manufacturing teams and established the pharmaceutical development strategy for new product opportunities.
- Maurice has a BSc (Pharmacy) from Trinity College, Dublin
AIMEE O SULLIVAN
Director of Operations
- Aimée leads the Operations team at Shorla Oncology.
- Aimée’s experience spans project management, clinical trial operations, and supporting product development from concept through to commercialisation.
- Aimée has a BSc (Pharmacy) from University College Cork and a Master of Pharmacy from Royal College of Surgeons.
Director of Finance
- Stephanie leads the finance function at Shorla Oncology.
- Having previously held leadership positions in accountancy practice and Alby Pharma, she has extensive accounting (UK & Irish GAAP and IFRS), cashflow management, budgetary forecasting and taxation experience.
- She has also experience in ensuring that company financial systems are robust and compliant while monitoring and developing internal controls, processes and procedures.
- Stephanie is a qualified Certified Public Accountant and holds a BA and MBS in Accounting from Waterford Institute of Technology.
Director of Research and Development
- Denis has over 15 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry and has successfully managed product developments from concept through to commercialization
- Having previously held leadership positions at companies such as EirGen Pharma and TEVA, his extensive experience spans project management, clinical trial manufacture, leading regulatory inspections and overseeing the commissioning of new development sites
- Holds an MSc in Regulatory Affairs from Carlow Institute of Technology, a BSc in Applied Chemistry with Quality Management from Waterford Institute of Technology and is PRINCE 2 Foundation Level certified
Vice President of Quality and Regulatory Affairs
- Vincent McDermott is the Vice President of Quality and Regulatory at Shorla Pharma Ltd. Vincent holds a master’s degree in Business Pharmaceutical Technology from Griffith College Dublin and a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry from National University of Ireland, Galway.
- With over 19 years’ Quality Assurance experience (EU and FDA markets), Vincent has provided quality support to both innovator and generic pharmaceutical companies and was involved in Regulatory inspections across his various roles in Pharma.
- Vincent has been involved in work with specialised products such as Orphan Medicinal Products, Drug Eluting Stents, Pain Medication, various Generic Products and Biological Products.
- Vincent is experienced in the field of drug development (e.g. ANDAs,), CMO management and Analytical Services.