Meet the Team
Shorla Oncology was founded by two healthcare entrepreneurs, Sharon Cunningham and Orlaith Ryan who worked together previously in senior positions at EirGen Pharma and have a passion for building organizations and developing products to meet unmet needs.
Co-Founder & CEO
- Previously Head of Finance at EirGen Pharma (‘EirGen’) for seven years
- Held roles of increasing responsibility at PwC and PNC in Ireland and U.S.
- Compliance Officer & member of the SOX disclosure committee for OPKO Health Inc (NASDAQ & NYSE) post acquisition of EirGen.
- Named Ireland’s Best Young Entrepreneur 2019.
- PwC Qualified Chartered Accountant & holds an MBA from University College Dublin Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School & a BSc in Finance from University College Cork, Ireland. Certificate in Healthcare Innovation from MIT & Harvard Medical School.
- Current member and previous non-executive director at Irish Rule of Law International. Advisory board member at LSX Female Founders.
Co-Founder & CTO
- On EirGen Pharma’s Management team, & held senior positions in Analytical, QA & Regulatory Affairs during her eight-year tenure.
- Led numerous regulatory inspections including FDA, HPRA and Saudi FDA.
- Coordinated IND’s, INAD’s and pre-development meetings with FDA for OPKO Health Inc.
- Primary interface with FDA & EMA on the development and registration of new human (including orphan) and veterinary drugs.
- Is a chartered scientist and holds an MSc in Regulatory Affairs from the University of Wales, BSc in Applied Biology with Quality Management from Waterford Institute of Technology & a Certificate in Corporate Governance from INSEAD business school.
Director of Research and Development
- Maurice has over 15 years’ experience in both the pharmaceutical industry and a clinical setting.
- He has successfully directed product development from concept through to commercialization
- While leading the R&D, Maurice has built multiple commercial manufacturing teams and established the pharmaceutical development strategy for new product opportunities.
- Maurice has a BSc (Pharmacy) from Trinity College, Dublin
HEAD OF OPERATIONS
- Victoria leads the operations team at Shorla Oncology.
- Having previously held leadership positions at companies such as Novartis and ICON plc, her extensive experience spans programme management, clinical trial operations oversight and product commercialization for both large and small pharma.
- Victoria has led the development and commercialization of new products in global markets and their associated life cycle management. Victoria has a BSc from University College Dublin and is PRINCE 2 qualified.
HEAD OF FINANCE
- Stephanie leads the finance function at Shorla Oncology.
- Having previously held leadership positions in accountancy practice and Alby Pharma, she has extensive accounting (UK & Irish GAAP and IFRS), cashflow management, budgetary forecasting and taxation experience.
- She has also experience in ensuring that company financial systems are robust and compliant while monitoring and developing internal controls, processes and procedures.
- Stephanie is a qualified Certified Public Accountant and holds a BA and MBS in Accounting from Waterford Institute of Technology.